TP ICAP plc and our affiliates ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you
by filling in forms on our site. This includes information you provide if you register
to use our site or subscribe to our service. The information you give us may include
your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, your firm’s name or any comments
you may make.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits
to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect
your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version,
time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you
viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to
certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call
our customer service number.
helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also
allows us to improve our site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and
Uses made of the information
Information held about you is generally used only for internal purposes, for example
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you
and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are
similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for
you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data
analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you
choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means
our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined
in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties in limited circumstances,
and only to the extent reasonably necessary. This may include:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract
we enter into with them or you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose
your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If TP ICAP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party,
in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply
other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TP ICAP,
our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies
and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination
outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating
outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your
personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all
steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely
secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee
the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own
risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and
security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your
data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third
party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing
by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites,
please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not
accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies
before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information
held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently